Honda has released the CBR250R stateside and this lightweight sport bike will bring the attractive styling of the entry-level sport bike rider, all with a reasonable price around 1, 40,000 rupees.
The new 2011 Honda CBR250R is explicitly aimed at new riders which is packed full of high-tech features and it also offers great performance. Moreover, it is available in a lightweight, affordable package. This new model is expanding another segment of the market for Honda buyers.”
The Honda CBR250 R features an efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single engine that features completely a new design with sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, fuel injection and engine counter balancer.
On the handling side, the light weight Honda CBR250R features a diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension, which provides impressive handling and a comfortable riding position.
The Honda CBR 250 R will also be available with ABS. The colors available are Metallic Black and Red Silver. Honda is expecting the bikes on the showroom floors in around Mar – May 2011.
2011 Honda CBR250R | Features and Benefits
- The sophisticated, all-new Honda 249.4cc single-cylinder engine is thoroughly modern in design thanks to its dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type chain, forked roller rocker arms, four-valve head, shim-style valve adjustment, counter balancer shaft and liquid cooling.
- The Honda CBR250R has a single-cylinder engine that produces a remarkably broad torque curve with peak torque generated at an easily accessible 7000 rpm.
- Peak horsepower kicks in at 8500 rpm, well before the 10,500-rpm redline-further testimony to the wide spread of power.
- Such power characteristics facilitate easy, responsive operation while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation, and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing.
- Gear-driven counter balancer shaft helps quell engine vibrations for rider comfort. It’s located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while boosting mass centralization.
- Engine countershaft sits lower than the main shaft to further reduce the front-to-back engine dimension.
- Honda Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus increased fuel economy.
- PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to minimize torque reaction and smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.
- This is accomplished through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Its single-cylinder configuration, the CBR250R incorporates a light, compact and fuel-efficient power plant, resulting in an overall package that is remarkably compact and nimble for intuitive handling dynamics.
- The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine’s broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration plus admirable fuel economy during top-gear cruising.
- Diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics.
- Base weight of only 359 pounds gives the CBR250R outstanding manoeuvrability and helps instil rider confidence.
- Stylish full fairing with windscreen deflects the oncoming wind to boost rider comfort.
- Sporting ergonomics keep the rider perched in a well-balanced seating position to deliver a natural feel and comfortable stance even over daylong rides.
- Full-sized 17-inch cast wheels return big-bike feel and handling traits.
- Fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons gives the CBR250R a cruising range of more than 200 miles.
- An external fuel filter maximizes fuel tank capacity while also easing fuel filter maintenance.
- Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- A handy under seat storage area adds to the CBR250R’s versatility.
- Multi-function digital instrument pod includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and trip meter.
- Exciting Honda CBR250R colors: Metallic Black and Red/Silver.
2011 Honda CBR250R | Genuine Accessories
- Seat Cowl
- Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Cycle Cover
2011 Honda CBR250R | Motorcycle Specs
Model: CBR250R / CBR250R ABS
Engine Type: 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Suspension: Front: 37mm fork
Rear: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability
Brakes: Front: Single 296mm disc
Rear: Single 220mm disc
Tires: Front: 110/70-17 radial
Rear: 140/70-17 radial
Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 25.0°
Trail: 95mm (3.74 inches)
Seat Height: 30.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
Color: Metallic Black, Red/Silver
Curb Weight*: 359 pounds / 368 pounds (ABS)
Get ready to rule the world!!!